Why can smoke come into my room?
- The quality of the wood: green or wet wood can cause more smoke than the fireplace can evacuate.
- Air systems such as air conditioning, kitchen or bathroom fans can take in the air required by the fireplace (negative air circulation).
- Misuse: Always open the primary air control before recharging the heater and slowly open the door.
- The tubes of the stove and chimney: do not forget that (90º) elbows and long horizontal tubes reduce the air circulation.
- Too short a chimney which does not provide enough air circulation in the fire chamber.
- A cold chimney can prevent air circulation (negative air).
- A pipe liner must be properly connected to the chimney and the correct size.